So there is clearly some stuff that's not quite working in this image and its not just the materials. So I adjusted the camera position, rotation and laptop position I wanted to create a strong Baroque diagonal and realised that the laptop is almost sitting where I needed it to. After adusting the laptop now sits nicely in the focal area and the rotation of the laptop creates a nice flow around the image . I feel the image is working compositionally much better now (still think things need some adjusting though) and with the latest pass of materials its improving but still lots of work.
- Mag-Lite torch and handle creates a nasty coincidence
- Velcro material
- Glass needs some spec/gloss work (just flat values at the moment)
- The sunlight coming through the window doesn't light the scene as well as before
- Local reflections are a bit blurry and weird
- Yellow tape on the tubes at the front needs to be focused on
- Need some depth of field again
- More clutter needed!
Update: After some feedback from EarthQuake on polycount and Rich and Kai from Creative Assembly I worked into it last night but not much changed making a new post seemed unnecessary. The electrical tape needs some detailing and work getting some crinkles in the normal.