Thursday 13 June 2013

It doesn't slow down!

So having said that I'd post a blog post every Sunday I've managed to miss the first 2 Sundays since saying that... Such a successful plan!

Well I expected life to slow down somewhat after the year finished, it turns out it has stayed at the same pace. I managed to set up a long list of card alter commissions to do, expecting to be able to sit down for a few days and just get them all done. Weeeell... that hasn't happened, I've been getting them done but I've also been working on a self assigned group project I'm working on with 4 others from the course and I stayed with a friend in Barcelona for a couple of days.

Go to Barcelona... draw candles, about right?

A selection of initial concepts/ideas for the group project and the drawing from Spain(far left).

Final candle variation designs for the Old English Pub
So far on the first candle. High poly is far right, next to it is the 230 tri baked version with a basic diffuse.



Other than drawing a candle Barcelona was incredible and started to give me some ideas for what I may do for a rooftop project if we still get set that in 3rd Year. As I only had a couple of days there I didn't do quite as much as I wanted to and I was using my friend as a tour guide, I didn't go to Sagrada Familia. However we did wander up to some of the other Gaudi buildings, being a cheap student on a holiday I didn't go in to either of them but merely admired them from afar/sneaked into the gift shop to have a look at what we could see. From what I could see and images in books and everything I really want to go back and go onto the rooftop of the Casa Mila.


Casa Batllo
Casa Mila

Casa Mila (roof as seen on a poster outside)

No comments:

Post a Comment