Tuesday 28 April 2015

FMP - Ignore Comfort Zones

So after talking to a few people about the lighting in the last post I have worked up a night time lighting situation and I'm going to keep pushing and experimenting the next being a overcast cloudy British day. I'm also going to be experimenting with some colour grading with the goal of unifying the colour palette a bit better.


Edit:playing with night lighting again so thought I'd add this in here too

Mike Kelly was kind enough to do these two paintovers for me, there is a lot in there that I had planned but also a lot that will help to balance the compositions and colour palette.




While working on lighting and composition I am also working on my soft surface scultping abilities with a sofa, hopefully it will look comfortable when I'm done. I think I have another evening's worth of work left and I'll be baking it down to start work on the textures.


Both lighting and soft-surface are areas I'm not incredibly comfortable with at the moment so I'm going to keep pushing and working on them so if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment