Friday 8 March 2013

Presentation...

So last week we had to do a presentation on anything, five minutes on anything, the only restrictions were to have some form of audio video or props to aid the presentation...

Me being me I thought of things I could talk about, dismissed them as they seemed either pointless, stupid, pretentious or I couldn’t any decent video audio or props to do the presentation on. The second I finished the mucked up presentation I realised how dull, pretentious and silly I looked and I realised my first silly idea could have actually worked. This first idea was to do it on Magic: The Gathering the card game which has a massive community of players, artists and judges but is almost completely unknown to those outside of it. People may have been vaguely interested in it and theres a silly video from Adventure Time that I could of used to get a laugh...




Instead I decided to be all meaningful and chose a big topic, which in turn made me sound like a pretentious douche. I chose to talk about “The Worth Of Art” more to make people question those who don’t give art any value more than anything. I had written some thoughts on the subject down and I found a video of an artist showing how art can be of worth before the assignment so I went about changing this to fit into a presentation. Unfortunately the timer went off right before the ten seconds of the video I wanted to show and so became the only people out of the group to not tick the only box we were given.

This has become a key reminder to me, KEEP THINGS SIMPLE. I’m always telling myself this with designing things why didn’t I tell myself to do this when presenting? I mucked up big time and what’s worse is that I’ve had experience of presenting before... a fair amount and all in all I’m just pretty annoyed at myself I think I need to work on my decision making and my confidence with such things. What’s worse is that I manage to find some fake confidence from somewhere which doesn’t help me, instead I become this obnoxious idiot and live with the joys of regret... lets work on this especially for team based work which I know I’ll need to do in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment